Saturday, June 18, 2005

eat eat eat

foooood....you know what i really missed? reese's peanut butter cups. A LOT. you know what jenny's boyfriend brought me? TWO BAGS OF THEM (see picture.) so awesome. i jumped him a little when he gave them to me.

this past week has been one big festival of eating...alessandro, my italian friend, came over and made carbonara, and then tom and meike came over and we had a full day affair of making pizza (from scratch!), and then potluck last night, and sonia and i have our meals all planned for today (and it's going to be delicious...). oh, and that doesn't even include the copious amounts of snacking...did i mention that i'm planning to run a 14k in august here in sydney, and a half marathon in january? even if i'm a thousand pounds.

so, uni is over and all i have left is two exams. and, it's official, australian computers hate me as much as canadian ones do...I spent hours and hours writing a report a few days ago on the library, and was almost ready to print it out and hand it in, when, my computer bleeped and then crashed, and my files all went corrupt. the computer guy was able to recover my text, but all my graphs and tables went to bleep. bleepity bleep. luckily i was so jaded cause i had been staring at the screen for so long i didn't really care, but it may have been a different story if i had had to write it again (can you have two "had"s in a row?).

excited to get out of sydney for a while....planes and trips are all booked. go to tamworth for vball tourny ("unigames") 2-9 july, new zealand 10-18, cairns 19th- whenever! how awesome is that?

watched pay it forward yesterday. bawled. i thought it was going to be a feel good movie...speaking of feel good movies, has anyone seen team america? yes, the one with puppets. i know, sounds stupid....but the funniest american satire ever. sooo soooo funny. hahaha, i just read its rating: "Rated R for graphic crude and sexual humor, violent images and strong language - all involving puppets." yes. there are puppets.

and, of course, some quotes of the week:

Meike (because we were talking about how everyone blames germany for everything that happened in the past): "...but Germany is pretty good now", Kim: "YEAH, compared to Hitler." (who, by the way, wasn't German...) *note: this was in a room full of Germans. so it was okay. I swear.

German joke (translated to english): What's the difference between a phone and George Bush? You can redial the phone number if you misdial. (i didn't get it either.)
Another German one: What's the difference between a horse and a convict? A horse breaks out, a convict breaks in. (my god, these are even worse than my jokes...i think they meant to say "adolescent").

Sonia: (looking at the shirt Georg is wearing, which said "placebo") "i like your shirt Georg, you're a placebo?" Georg: "Yeah, people think I help, but I don't".

shout out to alanna, who is in England (how awesome), and to Ms. Rochester for doing a half marathon a few weeks ago....who has now inspired me to start running (now THAT is a feat!). oh, and does anyone want to do some traveling anytime in the next couple years? my dad turned down my plea to go to nepal (inspired by eric), he told me to, "bring one of your crazy friends". and does anyone want to go diving in egypt...or backpack asia? let me know.

oh hey, check out the pics...i have a twin here in australia. mom, dad, are you sure you didn't have two kids?! apparently people have gone up to her and mistaken her for me a couple times...hahahaha....

still loving australia, the people are awesome, and it's already time to start saying goodbyes (i'm not going to cry, i swear..) i can't believe that time is actually flying this quickly..


kim

No comments: